"The Asia Recruitment Award is the oscars of the recruitment industry. A display of the best of the best!"
Start your entries preparation early.
Open to both in-house recruitment & talent acquisition teams and recruitment solution providers.
According to chief statistician Datuk Seri Dr Mohd Uzir Mahidin, the working population in the third quarter of 2017 saw an increase of 69,200 employed persons and a 4,600 increase in unemployed persons, from the previous quarter.
Other notable changes for the Q3 2017, compared to the second quarter, include:
- The labour force participation rate in the third quarter of this year was 67.8%
- Unemployment rate has remained unchanged at 3.4% for two consecutive quarters
- Females in the labour market increased by 37,900 persons to 5.76 million
- Female participation in the labour market was at 73.2% (aged 25-34), 67.5% (aged 35-44), and 57.1% (aged 45-54)
- Male participation in the labour market rose to 80.1%
- Male participation in the labour market for ages 55-64 years was at 67.2%
- One-third of employed persons were skilled workers within the occupation categories of managers, professionals, technicians and associate professionals.
The statistics also reported that 32.1% of the working age population were outside the labour force, and were comprised of housewives, students, retired, disabled persons and those not interested to work.
Lead Photo / Department of Statistics, Malaysia
Infographics / Department of Statistics, Malaysia
Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »