HR Masterclass Series: High-level HR strategy training workshops
with topics ranging from Analytics, to HR Business Partnering, Coaching, Leadership, Agile Talent and more.
Review the 2020 masterclasses here »
With the Ching Ming festival and Easter just around the corner, we’d like to remind you of Hong Kong’s statutory public holidays for the rest of 2019.
- 5 April 2019 – Friday – Ching Ming Festival
- 19 April 2019 – Friday – Good Friday
- 20 April 2019 – Saturday – Easter Saturday
- 22 April 201 – Monday – Easter Monday
- 1 May 2019 – Wednesday – Labour Day
- 13 May 2019 – Monday – The day after Buddha’s birthday
- 7 June 2019 – Wednesday – Tuen Ng Festival
- 1 July 2019 – Monday – Hong Kong SAR Establishment Day
- 14 September 2019 – Saturday – The day after the Mid-Autumn Festival
- 1 October 2019 – Tuesday – National Day
- 7 October 2019 – Monday – Chung Yeung Festival
- 25 December 2019 – Wednesday – Christmas Day
- 26 December 2019 – Thursday – Boxing Day
This presents five long weekends for the rest of 2019 – Good Friday, Buddha’s Birthday, Hong Kong SAR Establishment Day, National Day and the Chung Yeung Festival. Of these, the last three either fall on Sunday (typically a rest day for office workers), thus the Monday off in lieu, or on Monday outright.
All employees are entitled to the above statutory holidays. If the statutory holiday falls on a rest day, a holiday should be granted on the day following the rest day which is not a statutory holiday or an alternative holiday or a substituted holiday or a rest day. An employee having been employed under a continuous contract for not less than 3 months is entitled to the holiday pay which is equivalent to the daily average wages earned by the employee in the 12-month period preceding the holiday.
Image source: Which School Advisor
"The Asia Recruitment Award is the oscars of the recruitment industry. A display of the best of the best!"
Start your entries preparation early.
Open to both in-house recruitment & talent acquisition teams and recruitment solution providers.