Workforce Mobility Interactive, 12 February 2020: Asia’s largest conference on employee mobility and the changing workforce.
Exclusive, invite-only conference for HR decision makers and mobility specialists, request your complimentary invitation here. »
In this brand-new series dedicated to featuring top speakers from our events, Priya Veeriah quizzes Elouise Chin, Vice President, Group Talent Management, OCBC Bank on the myths of talent management, which department HR clashes with the most, and more.
Welcome to the first of our Faces of HR series, in which we’re featuring the exciting and capable speaker line-up from our upcoming conference, Talent Management Asia 2019, Singapore.
With business being re-imagined, the way we work needs to change. How do we create a culture shift to empower employees to think creatively? Here, we probe case study presenter Elouise Chin with 10 interesting questions about HR, her career, and a whole lot of trivia!
Editor’s tip: Ensure you read till the end for a nice surprise!
1. What is your favorite hobby (besides living and breathing HR)?
I love music! Creating tunes is my thing.
2. In one word how would you describe your HR career?
3. Did you enter HR by accident or has it always been your passion?
It was an accidental passion.
4. Name one myth about talent management.
Talent has what it takes to be talent. They have it in them.
5. What is most challenging when dealing with talent?
6. Which department does HR clash with most and why?
We struggle a lot within ourselves to balance what we are doing every day and creating the best experience for our talent. You can imagine the tough conversations we have to do right, to do better.
7. Do you think HR has been given the recognition it truly deserves?
Yes, HR has become more confident than in the past. We take pride in what we do. Being in HR is hot!
8. What would be your dream job?
Concert producer, maybe? I love to give people an out-of-the-world music boom experience! All senses activated!
9. How would you describe the Talent Management Asia conference?
It’s a dynamic event that brings roaring excitement to a like-minded community who cares so much about their talent.
10. Why do you think people should not miss your session at #TalentManagementAsia?
We are always figuring out best practices on how we can engage our young employees and future workforce better. I’m going to focus a lot on what worked, what didn’t, and what’s next.
This 3-4 April 2019, Elouise Chin will be presenting a 20-20 case study showcasing how OCBC prepares talent through collaboration and innovation, followed by a dedicated Q&A segment.
If creating meaningful experiences for your employees is on your 2019 agenda, download the conference brochure and register now using the promo code TMA19E to enjoy an additional 5% discount on our super-early bird rates today!