Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »
Close to two in three employers in Malaysia (63%) are most optimistic post General Election 14 (GE14), while over one-third (36%) are considering a 3-5% salary increment, per latest findings by Jobstore.com.
Providing insight into hiring and salary trends in Malaysia post GE, the following are further findings:
- Close to half (48%) of Malaysian employers indicate an increase in hiring activity, a 12% increase over before GE14.
- The growing confidence correlates with an increase in job postings – an 11% increase after GE14, in which executive-level job postings contributed 5% to the overall growth.
Jobstore.com Malaysia’s country manager, Carmen Chong said on the optimistic outlook: “The key drivers are the rise of the confidence on the economic growth, expansion of local businesses and entry of foreign companies that will lead to job creation and the need for diversified skills.”
The report also revealed the expected salary adjustments after GE14, analysed below.
Salary trends in Malaysia: Human resources
- CHROs and HR director with 15+ years of experience = RM 15,000-50,000 per month
- VP HR and head of HR functions (recruitment, L&D, etc.) = RM 10,000-25,000 per month
- Senior/HR manager with 7-12 years of experience = RM 7,000-15,000 per month
Salary trends in Malaysia: Administrative and clerical
- Personal assistant (PA) to CEO with 5-10 years of experience = RM 5,000-12,000 per month
- Personal assistant or secretary with 3-10 years of experience = RM 4,500-10,000 per month
- Receptionist with 3-10 years of experience = RM 1,800-3,500 per month
Salary trends in Malaysia: Accounting, finance and banking
- Chief financial officer (CFO) with 15+ years of experience = RM 20,000-53,000 per month
- Chief risk officer with 10-20 years of experience = RM 12,000-28,000 per month
- Audit and branch manager with 6-10 years of experience = RM 8,000-15,000 per month
Salary trends in Malaysia: Art, design and entertainment
- Senior art director with 6-12 years of experience = RM 6,000-15,000 per month
- UX designer and animator with 3-6 years of experience = RM 2,500-6,500 per month
- Web or graphic designer with 1-3 years of experience = RM 1,800-4,000 per month
How do you know if your #learning is relevant for the #future?
Find out at the region's largest conference for HR and L&D practitioners, Learning & Development Asia, happening in September.
Register for early-bird savings now.