For the 5th consecutive year, HR Distinction awards will again honour the very best in the HR industry. Winning is both an affirmation of the exceptional quality of your work in the industry and among peers. Submit your entries now!
Contact us now for more details.
May the festival of lights illuminate the path for success in all you aspire towards. Happy Deepavali to you and your loved ones, from the Human Resources team!
On the occasion, we share with you some of our top stories that celebrate diversity and inclusion at the workplace, and raise key areas for employers to focus on:
1. The top 100 most diverse and inclusive organisations globally
While Accenture, Novartis, and Medtronic are ranked top three, regional giants from Singapore and Malaysia, Singtel and Digi, feature in the top 50. Read more
2. 3 things you need to know about hiring people with mental health conditions
The negative attitudes of co-workers are major barriers to employing people in recovery from mental health conditions. Read more
3. Four things organisations are not doing right for gender diversity
While companies have articulated a business case, few have taken the critical next step of calculating the positive impact on the business. Read more
4. 31% of women globally feel a lack of female leaders holds back tech career potential
This isn’t the only challenge they face – recruitment bias, the current workforce composition dominated by men, and other hurdles discourage women from STEM roles. Read more
5. On creating safe and respectful workplaces, 43% say women are better than men
Women are also seen as having an advantage over men in other qualities and behaviours relating to workplace culture. Read more
6. Singapore in the bottom 10 countries worldwide on reducing inequality
Singapore ranks 149 out of the 157 countries surveyed, with Japan being the only Asian country among the top 20. Read more
7. What’s age got to do with leadership effectiveness?
In response to recent research, this Singapore-based HR professional urges leaders to start thinking out of the box and move away from traditional ways of thinking. Read more
8. Top 20 global companies for gender equality
Top performing companies for gender equality in Singapore included StarHub, Singapore Telecommunications, and DBS. Read more
9. Preparing for retirement: Are Singaporeans ready to turn 100?
With greater longevity comes both the need to work longer and the opportunity for reinvention – a new survey reveals data about work/retirement attitudes. Read more
10. Here’s how to better manage women employees’ wellbeing at work
Women are twice more likely to be diagnosed with anxiety, compared to men; offering a nutrition-rich diet at the office may help more than you’d expect. Read more