Human Resources Online is heading to Bangkok with the Accelerate HR conference on November 26-27.
HR leaders from Agoda, DKSH, Fonterra, FWD, Kasikornbank, Minor Food, Nissan Motor and more have already confirmed to speak.
Bring your team for additional group discounts.
Mistakes on resumes is part and parcel of the job for HR managers and recruiters, but it doesn’t make them any less funny.
A thread on Reddit asked users for their best stories of a time when something “cringeworthy” was written on a CV, application form or cover letter they received, and the answers were nothing short of hilarious.
Here are some of our favourites.
1. “I once got one that had a little note at the bottom which read “I am well trust worthy, you can ask ne of my mates!!!!!!!”
2. “I’ve been hiring people since 1995, and I’ve kept a “Wall of Shame” list for all the things I’ve seen. A selection:
“Bachelorette degree in computers”
“Please let me know if I can omit you in any way”
“Ecellent typist, great sppeed and accuracy. 756 wpm.”
“Married, eight children. Prefer frequent travel”
“It’s best for employers that I not work with people.”
“I am very detail-oreinted.”
3. “You’d be amazed how many people will have email addresses like ‘pornstar69’ ‘sexeebeeatch420’ or some other dumb user name for their gmail account. If you can’t spend 5 min creating a firstname.lastname account, don’t be shocked when you don’t get the job.”
4. “Ive had one come to me… under strengths she mentioned ‘god fearing’ and under technical skill ‘windows’.”
5. “I’ve had a guy attach a two-page list of everything he had accomplished since the first grade. Examples include, but are not limited to: – 2nd place in fourth grade spelling bee – 3rd place in fifth grade math-a-thon – Honorable mention in eighth grade charity drive.”
6. “There was also one where a guy listed as a strength ‘I’m excellent at debating various issues, as evidenced by the fact that I constantly win arguments with my girlfriend’.”
7. “I actually had one person include a photo in their application package. The applicant was a 20 year old woman. The picture was her lying on a hotel bed (clothed, but very revealing) surrounded by liquor bottles.”
8. “One question on the application was, ‘What are your career objectives?’ to which the applicant wrote, ‘The sky’s the limit’.”
Courtesy of Reddit
The first Managing Mental Health & Wellbeing in the Workplace online course will be launched in December.
Register your interest for the course at the introductory price of SGD199.