Workforce Mobility Interactive, 12 February 2020: Asia’s largest conference on employee mobility and the changing workforce.
Exclusive, invite-only conference for HR decision makers and mobility specialists, request your complimentary invitation here. »
A total of SGD$15mn in salary owed to employees in Singapore was recovered in the last financial year, the Tripartite Alliance Limited (TAL)’s inaugural Annual Report has shown.
Themed Progressive Workplaces, Harmonious Work Relations, the annual report spans three key areas of employment: workplace disputes, progressive workplace practices, workplace safety and health, and features TAL’s key achievements in the 2018/2019 Financial Year (1 April 2018 to 31 March 2019).
These key achievements, across TAL’s business units, are highlighted for HR to note as follows:
- The Tripartite Alliance for Dispute Management (TADM), which offers advisory services for employees and self-employed persons to help them manage their employment or payment-related disputes, assisted 16,759 customers through mediation and advisory services last year. Through this, a total of SGD$15mn worth of salary arrears was recovered.
- As at 31 March 2019, 2,327 companies employing a total of 627,000 employees have adopted the Tripartite Alliance for Fair and Progressive Employment Practices (TAFEP)’s Tripartite Standards. In line with that, 10,261 HR practitioners, line managers, and senior managers have participated in TAFEP’s workshops.
- Effective 1 April 2019, TADM has extended its mediation services to include wrongful dismissal claims, which is now available to PMEs earning more than SGD$4,500.
- A total of 333,914 firms have joined the Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) Council’s bizSAFE programme, while 1,011 have joined the CultureSAFE programme.
- The WSH Council also set in place a few WSH practices, including recommending national strategies on charting WSH directions for the next ten years, and recognising 158 firms and individuals for achieving excellence in workplace safety and health at the WSH Awards on 31 July 2018.
- Last, TAFEP also held key events including the Conference on Fair and Progressive Employment Practices 2018 which attracted 500 participants, and the Tripartite Alliance Award 2018 where 24 organisations and eight individuals received recognition.
[ALSO READ: Goodbye, work-life balance; Hello, work-life harmony]
Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »