"The Asia Recruitment Award is the oscars of the recruitment industry. A display of the best of the best!"
Start your entries preparation early.
Open to both in-house recruitment & talent acquisition teams and recruitment solution providers.
A resume is often the first impression the hiring manager gets of a candidate.
Unfortunately, the importance of providing a professional resume is lost on a few job seekers, who either overlook glaring mistakes, or provide information which is inappropriate, to say the least.
These are a few of our favourites:
1. Resume didn’t include the candidate’s name
2. “Skills” section was spelled “Skelze”
3. Resume was written in Klingon language from Star Trek
4. Hobbies: “Mushroom hunting.”
5. Candidate included naked picture of himself
6. A job seeker listed her e-mail address as pornstardelight@*****.com
7. Resume included time spent in jail for assaulting a former boss
8. “I am great with the pubic.”
9. “Starting over due to recent bankruptcies. Need large bonus when starting job.”
10. On the line that asked what sex the candidate was, he wrote “occasionally”.
11. Listed under ‘strengths’: “Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining composer.”
12. An entire resume in one sentence: “Hire me, I’m awesome”
13. Interests: “Gossiping.”
14. When asked what his objectives were, a candidate wrote: “Student today. Vice president tomarrow.”
15. Here’s a skill we all ought to be envious of: “I can type without looking at thekeyboard.”
The first Managing Mental Health & Wellbeing in the Workplace online course will be launched in December.
Register your interest for the course at the introductory price of SGD199.