This article was brought to you by Singapore National Employers Federation.
A multitude of training courses are available at the Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF), find out which one suits your needs best.
On 1 July 1980, the Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) was established through the amalgamation of the SEF and the NEC. Before the merger, SEF had 591 members and NEC had 226 members. To date, membership totals to more than 3,300. SNEF is registered as a trade union under the Trade Unions Act.
It is the national trade union of employers, representing the interests of all sectors of the economy (and is thus the counterpart of the National Trades Union Congress, i.e. NTUC). It is an independent, autonomous not-for-profit organisation funded by membership fees and revenue from consultancy, training, research and other activities.
SNEF provides services to employers in these key areas:
- Represent the key interests of employers in national tripartite committees, forums and national-level reviews.
- Provide expert consultancy and advice to corporate members by experienced consultants on the proper application of local labour laws, policies and tripartite guidelines.
- Update corporate members on the latest important developments in labour, manpower and employment issues through briefings, industrial group meetings and other platforms.
- Enable employers to develop sustainable and competitive workforces through training programmes, organised by our Training Institute, and productivity programmes.
- Facilitate employers’ efforts to build an inclusive workforce and progressive workplaces through programmes focusing on workplace health, WorkPro, fair employment, and worklife balance.
- Provide leading-edge and timely research and information on local HR and employment trends e.g. on local salary trends, to enable corporate members to maintain their competitiveness.
Training programmes by our training institute
The Singapore National Employers Federation (SNEF) Corporate Learning Centre (CLC) provides practical and quality training that enables employers to implement responsible employment practices and equips employees at multiple levels to achieve sustainable business growth.
SNEF is a SSG appointed programme partner and approved training organisation with hundreds of programmes and workshops running all year round.
CLC works closely with SSG and WSG, employers, and many training partners to advance tripartism and enhance labour market flexibility by upgrading the Singaporean core, ensuring that the workforce is future-ready.
SNEF is a SSG appointed programme partner and approved training organisation with hundreds of programmes and workshops running all year round. SNEF also continues as an appointed WSG programme manager for the Enterprise Training Support programme to assist companies to develop holistic training plans.
In FY 2017/18, more than 19,000 employees from 3,200 companies attended our public-run courses, group and customised training. For the 10th consecutive year, CLC was voted as one of the top corporate training vendors by Human Resources magazine. CLC was also the bronze winner (Best IT Training Provider) in 2018. Further, the Worldatwork Global Remuneration Professional Designation programme is a course which has had participants from around Asia and the Middle East benefiting from the classes held in Singapore.
Key services for employers:
- Represent their interests in national-level reviews.
- Provide advice on labour laws, policies and tripartite guidelines.
- Update corporate members on the latest important developments.
- Training programmes, organised by SNEF’s Training Institute.
- Focus on workplace health, WorkPro, fair employment, and worklife balance.
- Provide research on local trends e.g. salary trends.
Photo / Supplied
Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »