Human Resources magazine and the HR Bulletin daily email newsletter:
Asia's only regional HR print and digital media brand.
Register for your FREE subscription now »
Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University (NTU) retained its top spot in the QS Top 50 Under 50 2015 rankings.
The rankings highlight young institutions under the age of 50 which have rapidly made a mark on the world stage within a relatively short period of time.
Just like last year, the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) came in at second place while South Korea’s KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology held onto third place.
Greater disparities among universities were found further down the list. For example, the UK’s University of Bath climbed five places, having emerged at 7th place, while Hong Kong Polytechnic University climbed two places to the 6th position.
Overall, institutions from the dynamic Asian Tiger economies dominated the top 10, occupying all six of the initial places.
Here is a list of the top 10 universities under 50 years old along with their position in the world university rankings and year of establishment:
- Singapore’s Nanyang Technological University (NTU) (13), established in 1991.
- Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) (28), established in 1991.
- South Korea’s KAIST – Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (43), established in 1971.
- Hong Kong’s City University of Hong Kong (57), established in 1984.
- South Korea’s Pohang University of Science and Technology (POSTECH) (87=), established in 1986.
- Hong Kong Polytechnic University (116), established in 1994.
- UK’s University of Bath (159), established in 1966.
- The Netherlands’ Maastricht University (169), established in 1976.
- Spain’s Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (186), established in 1968.
- Spain’s Universitat Autónoma de Barcelona (190=), established in 1968.
"The Asia Recruitment Award is the oscars of the recruitment industry. A display of the best of the best!"
Start your entries preparation early.
Open to both in-house recruitment & talent acquisition teams and recruitment solution providers.