Workforce Mobility Interactive: only regional conference on employee mobility and expatriate management issues. Limited to 100 HR leaders and senior mobility specialists,
request your complimentary invitation now »
How do you feel about the use of emojis at work? In one survey, more than half of senior managers, felt it’s acceptable to use emojis – at least in certain situations.
Ahead of World Emoji Day on 17 July, the Human Resources team has compiled a list of scenarios in your daily work life you’d probably be tempted to tag an emoji to.
1. When the train breaks down on the way to work
2. When the boss asks for a meeting for no apparent reason
3. When your team has done a good job so you have to pay for drinks at the bar
4. When it rains during lunch time and you didn’t bring food
5. When you completely forget about a project and it’s due today
6. When a meeting overruns by more than 15 minutes
7. When employees make demands you can do nothing about
8. When a colleague makes an awkward comment
9. When the boss buys pizza for everyone
10. When your staff goes the extra mile to get things done
11. When you think you’re done with a project and forgot one last part
12. When your day is filled with meetings and you realise you got nothing done
13. When you accidentally think out loud
14. When you realise it’s finally Friday
15. When you get called back to work on the weekend
What other scenario at work would you tag an emoji to?