A resume is often the first impression the hiring manager gets of a candidate.
Unfortunately, the importance of providing a professional resume is lost on a few job seekers, who either overlook glaring mistakes, or provide information which is inappropriate, to say the least.
These are a few of our favourites:
1. Resume didn’t include the candidate’s name
2. “Skills” section was spelled “Skelze”
3. Resume was written in Klingon language from Star Trek
4. Hobbies: “Mushroom hunting.”
5. Candidate included naked picture of himself
6. A job seeker listed her e-mail address as pornstardelight@*****.com
7. Resume included time spent in jail for assaulting a former boss
8. “I am great with the pubic.”
9. “Starting over due to recent bankruptcies. Need large bonus when starting job.”
10. On the line that asked what sex the candidate was, he wrote “occasionally”.
11. Listed under ‘strengths’: “Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining composer.”
12. An entire resume in one sentence: “Hire me, I’m awesome”
13. Interests: “Gossiping.”
14. When asked what his objectives were, a candidate wrote: “Student today. Vice president tomarrow.”
15. Here’s a skill we all ought to be envious of: “I can type without looking at thekeyboard.”